With years of tax return preparation experience, we welcome the opportunity to assist you with the preparation of your Personal (T1) returns.
T1 Returns include:
- Residents of Canada for part or all of the year
- Individuals receiving income from employment, investments and private or government pensions
- Children who earn money through babysitting, paper routes, etc
- Terminal returns for individuals deceased during the year
- Optional returns for deceased individuals (based on the facts in each situation)
We are proficient in providing the following services relating to your tax filing:
During Tax Season
- Gathering of slips and documentation and an analysis of your personal tax situation to ensure that no claim has been overlooked
- Preparation of family returns (including spouse and children)
- Preparation of your HST return if you are self-employed
- Optimizing family income splitting
- Timely filing of elections
- Electronic filing of returns
- Verification of accuracy of Notice of Assessments
- Preparation of adjustments to previous years’ filings as required
- Handling of correspondence with CRA in the event of an e-file audit or pre-assessment review
- Communicating with CRA on a variety of issues requiring immediate attention
- Ongoing discussions with clients regarding tax planning strategies that may present themselves throughout the year
Strategic tax planning is the key to meeting your personal goals. Whether you are a business owner, an executive or a professional, Byron D. Smith Professional Corporation can help.
We can help you minimize and/or defer taxes by developing a personal tax plan customized to your individual needs. Our team understands the importance of setting your retirement goals to best match your current earnings with tax-deferred savings. We also understand the importance of saving for your children’s education. We can help you use RRSPs, RESPs, and Tax-Free Savings Accounts to their best advantage.
At Byron D. Smith Professional Corporation, we are committed to providing personal tax services that not only comply with current tax laws but also provide our clients with the most beneficial tax treatment to ensure that no unnecessary tax is paid.
Our team is proficient in all applicable tax rules and legislation and works closely with our clients to understand the financial and tax implications of their individual and family situations to reduce personal and family tax burdens and maximize benefits.
We provide integrated tax planning services and professional advice that helps you achieve your personal financial goals. We stay on top of the latest tax changes and understand how such changes could impact you and your tax situation.